Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wood Pecker and Peppermint

 














Here's is a fun story. We have a cabin in the mountains and we go there every weekend. We had a Wood Pecker fly into the window and stun itself. It laid there limp for 20 minutes after my dad dunked it's head in water. I'm really not sure why he did that. LOL, but he's had many birds in this condition and it's seems to wake them up and they fly away. Well it wasn't working this time and the bird just sat on a pillow not moving a bit. It's eyes were open and that was the only sign of life. I was getting ready to leave my parents place to go to ours and I decided to pull out the peppermint for the heck of it. I rubbed a tiny bit on the peak, neck and head of the bird. The bird moved it's head a little and seemed to perk up some. I told my mom to apply more the same way in 20 minutes. Shortly after I arrived to our cabin my mother calls and said that she did what I said and before she could apply it to the wood peckers head it stood up, took a crap and flew away. LOL!!! Was it the peppermint? I want to think so. Whenever I apply peppermint to myself I perk up and start breathing better. Gotta love it!!






3 comments:

  1. LOL I think that will be one that is remembered for a very long time. I have no doubt it was the peppermint. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way your blog looks awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Romi :) If I ever have the chance to use peppermint on a bird again I will in a second.

    ReplyDelete