Friday, June 17, 2011

doTERRA Lemongrass

My newest favorite and it's pretty cheap. :) It's analgesic, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-parasitic, antiseptic, astringent and sedative. It has a long history of use, dating back thousands of years. Lemongrass oil is not a citrus oil but is sweeter and more powerful than lemon oil.

Lemongrass can be used for its calming effect, to relieve stress.  With its sweet, citrus scent, it is excellent to help restore and balance the emotions. I recently got a diffuser and this oil has been my favorite one to diffuse. It sure smells up our home and makes it inviting to walk into.


When I first listened to a webinar about Lemongrass the speaker mentioned that it was helpful in ligament or tendon damage, aches and pains. Well I had a couple of those and purchased some Lemongrass to apply on those areas. I had one section on my wrist that I had twisted in April when I went over my snowmobile handle bars. I never went to the doctor but could feel the damage. I started applying the Lemongrass and the ache went away.  My wrist is ready for dirt bike season. Yeah! Then recently My knee had been aching where I had ACL surgery last year. The area where the incision was from them removing one of my hamstring ligaments. I started rubbing on the oil 2 to 3 times a day and the pulling feeling is now gone.

LOL, This was a hard hit and then the sled ran me over. Luckily the only damage to me was my wrist. Oh and the sled suffered a bit. I snapped my handlebars in half!!! That was a fun ride out. lol!!!






















The damage to my handlebars....






















** Lemongrass oil revitalizes the body and relieves the symptoms of jetlag, clears headaches.

**  It is a great overall tonic for the body, and it boosts the parasympathetic nervous system. 

** It is useful with respiratory infections, such as sore throats, laryngitis and fever, and helps prevent the spreading of infectious diseases.

**  Lemongrass oil may help tone the muscles and tissue, relieves muscle pains by making the muscle more supple.

** It helps to keep pets clean of fleas, ticks and lice.

** Lemongrass is a great oil to add to a bath, to assist with cellulite, digestive problems, as a diuretic, for infections, nervousness, for over-exerted ligaments and as a general tonic.

** Mix lemongrass with  doTERRA's fractionated coconut oil and use in massage for clearing cellulite, as well as toning the skin, opening blocked pores and helping with acne.  The antiseptic and anti-fungal properties are useful in treating athlete's foot and other fungal infections.

I love doTERRA Lemongrass.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I don't even know what to say about the pic. LOL
    I will be getting some lemongrass. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! I bet you can't tell what sled I was riding. All you need to say about that picture is that my handstand looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete