Monday, June 6, 2011

Tiz the Season "SUNBURNS"

Yep, I got the first one for the season and I quickly turned to my oils for relief. Lavender and Frankincense worked for taking the burn away with my fractionated coconut oil. You could also try the melaleuca.

I also want to try this spray I read on one of my favorite sites "EverythingEssentialMe.com:

Healing:
Add 20 drops each of lavender (soothing, healing) and peppermint (cooling) to a 2 ounce spray bottle.  Fill the remainder with either water or fractionated coconut oil.  Shake and apply as soon as possible to the sunburned area.  Repeat every 2 hours for the 4 to 6 times. 
Continue with a blend of 1 ounce fractionated coconut oil and 20 drops each of lavender and frankincense sprayed or applied directly 2 to 4 times daily.  If there is any blistering add 20 drops of melaleuca to the mixture to prevent any infection from open sores.


Prevention:
To prepare a sunscreen add 60 drops each of helichrysum and lavender to a 2 ounce spray bottle.  Fill the remainder with fractionated coconut oil. Spray on and use as any store purchased sunscreen.


Shop for Oils Here :)

1 comment:

  1. I've used just the peppermint and water in a spray bottle for cooling with the hot flashes. I added a little ylang ylang for the uplifting for just me. But, the peppermint worked great. I plan on making a big spray bottle for the summer heat. :-)
    Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete