Sunday, May 29, 2011

My Essential Oil Story

I was introduced a couple weeks ago to a product I hadn't heard of, doTERRA Essential Oils. A friend of mine saw a story I posted on a forum I frequent often and wanted to help me heal in the fastest, safest way possible. She has been using the Essential Oils and they have helped her tremendously in so many ways I can't begin to share them with you now. Any way some of you may know about my recent accident and some of you may not. 3 weeks ago we took the kids hiking and I slipped and fell hurting myself again. Yes, just a hike. lol! I really haven't had the luck lately but I'm dealing with recovering once again. My fall resulted in dislocating my right ring finger, and an added 1/2 inch laceration where my knuckle bone popped through the skin. Yes it hurt and the shock factor was even worse. We still had 2 miles to hike to the car. I learned a few things about myself that day. (good ones ) I will attach pictures. Day 1 thru now (3 weeks).









Well I was willing to try anything to get the healing started. The hand surgeon I saw referred me to a physical therapist twice a week. My co-pay's are $50 for each visit. I thought holy crap I can't do that, but had to considering it was doctor recommended. My friend emailed me all the essential oil information and I purchased my first oils and quickly began using them. I've also been to therapy 3 times now. My therapist said it could be anywhere from 6 to 9 weeks for the finger to get full use again. I am determined to make that sooner in the safest way. My 3rd PT visit my therapist was amazed at how quick I was healing. His exact words were "wow!" "You must be a quick healer." He said I was way ahead of schedule and wished he healed that quick. Do I think it's the oils? Well, my answer is yes. Of coarse it's me using them properly and consistently and doing hand/finger exercises, but I really do think the oils are helping the process speed up a bit. I'm really focusing on my finger getting back to normal because I want to be able to play and do the things I enjoy as fast as possible.

I first started using pure organic coconut oil and then the Deep Blue blend. It has wintergreen,camphor, peppermint, blue tansy, German chamomile, helichrysum and osmanthus. The work together to ease achy joints and reduce inflammation (which the finger has a lot of). I also apply Lemongrass for ligament and tendon damage. It's also good for the aches and pains. Then for the laceration I apply Melaleuca (tea tree oil) first aid for the skin.

When I started therapy my finger was 100% fused. It did not bend. It was actually hiper-extended and beginning to dis-form. Not good! Today I'm close to making a fist and feel I'm 70% there. That is fast! My cut that was NEVER stitched is completely closed up and looking great. I do owe my friend Romi the thanks for introducing me to the oils. I will continue using them in more ways than one. I have a list of ailments
I will be using them for now and in the future for me and my family. I'm hoping my trips to the doctor will be less and my family will be a healthier one in the future. BTW our kids love the oils. A drop of lavendar on their pillow has them sleeping like a baby in no time. They love the wild orange for it's yummie smell. It's excellent for energizing and revitalizing. A real mood lifter! Oh and a drop or two of lemon oil in their water get's them to drink more water. 

I will admit I'm still learning about all the benefits of essential oils and I'm very excited about them. They really do work and the articles and real life stories are very motivational and uplifting to me.

FYI:
It has been estimated that at least 80% of the population has or currently are using some form of alternative medicine.  Bacteria has outsmarted even our strongest antibiotics leading to the rise in the dreaded superbug. Many of our over the counter medicines have been removed and studies are linking many synthetic drugs to serious health problems. Leading us to seek after alternative medicine.


Updated picture... Of the laceration....



















5 weeks later and the strength is coming back and we are going to ride the dirt bikes this weekend. Wish me luck!!!!!


click here to join doTERRA

2 comments: